October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I am organizing a mini scrap book silent auction. Interested scrappers can make a mini album that will be placed in a silent auction on this blog near the end of October. All proceeds from the silent auction will go to the Susan G. Komen for a Cure Foundation through their Passionately Pink for a Cure event program.
Here is the details for the Pink Mini’s challenge:
1. Make a Mini Album using your choice of materials…they do not necessarily have to be pink.
2. The mini-album you create should be one that you are proud of and something you would enjoy receiving yourself.
3. The mini-album should be no smaller than 3” in the shortest dimension and no longer than 9” in the longest dimension.
4. It should contain a minimum of 4 to 6 pages.
5. The theme may generic to appeal to a wide audience such as girls/women, birthday, princess, baby etc.
6. Digital photos of your mini need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 25. Additional information regarding photo’s (format, quantity, etc.) will be posted soon.
7. Bidding will commence on October 29 and end on November 4. Winning bids will be announced on November 5. Photos of the albums will be posted on this blog during the bidding period. High bidders will be directed to the Passionately Pink for a Cure event website I have set up to make a donation in the amount of their bid. The album they have bid on will be sent to them as a thank you for their donation. More details regarding the bidding will be up on this blog closer to the end of October.
8. Participants will be responsible for shipping the mini album they create to the high bidder from the silent auction in a timely manner after the bidding is complete.
9. Our international scrapping friends may participate as well.
To participate in making a mini album for the auction, please leave me a comment “I want to participate” or send an email to email@example.com letting me know you want to participate. Don’t be shy! It doesn’t matter what your skill level, these mini’s are going to be great!!
I will also be posting information/link for any one wanting to make a donation to this event later this week as well.
I am really excited to be putting this event together. There is no greater
power on earth than women working together towards a common goal!